About Us

Susan G. Komen Western New York  is a resource for all breast health needs in the Western New York area.  From outreach & education about risk factors and early detection of breast cancer, to support and information for all those affected by this disease – we are empowering and engaging our community as breast cancer activists and providing local support to individuals and families affected by this disease.

Komen WNY raises funds to support the Komen Promise – to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.

Through a series of events throughout the year, Komen WNY is able to invest 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

We are proud to have invested more than $4.2 Million locally since 2001, and also that through  the Komen National Research Grants Program there has been more than $12 million in research funds sent to local organizations such as Roswell Park Cancer Institute and the University at Buffalo.

Our service area includes Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming counties.