Community Impact

Susan G. Komen Western New York is a local resource that supports programs offering under-served women in our service area help with breast cancer screening, diagnostic and support services. Through annual events including the Race for the Cure and individual contributions, Komen Western New York raises funds that enable women to detect and survive breast cancer, and promotes Survivorship.

We are proud of the fact that 75 percent of all net funds raised in Western New York stay in our service area — the 8 counties of Western New York — to fund life-saving breast health programs for women who would not otherwise have access to screening and treatment. The other 25 percent supports the Susan G. Komen® National Grants Program.

Since its beginning in 2001, Komen Western New York has funded more than $4.6 million in local breast health and breast cancer programs, and last year alone provided over 12,000 services to over 5,000 area residents.